There are many environmentally proactive people in Singapore who contributed to the environment, each in their own ways. Coming from all sectors of the community - individuals from the public and private sectors, school teachers and students, NGO volunteers and grassroots members, these individuals have sacrificed their personal time and effort to protect, promote and enhance our clean & green environment.
Through their collective efforts, everyone benefited from the outcome of a clean and green Singapore. The EcoFriend Award was established to recognise their efforts and achievements, as well as to encourage them to continue and expand their efforts in caring for the environment. We look forward to welcoming more individuals on board the EcoFriend family.
All efforts made by a nominee in protecting, promoting and enhancing Singapore's clean & green environment over the past two to five years will be taken into account in the selection of recipients for the awards.
The EcoFriend Awards is open to all individuals residing in Singapore.
EcoFriend Awards Categories
There are five (5) EcoFriend Award categories.
Individuals may be nominated in only ONE of the following categories:
- Private sector individuals
- Public sector individuals (includes teaching and non-teaching staff in tertiary institutions such as universities and polytechnics and ITEs)
- Non-government organisations and grassroots volunteers
- Educational institutions (includes Environmental Educational Advisors, principals, teachers, and staff in JCs, secondary and primary schools)
- Youth & students (includes members of youth groups, youths in tertiary institutions and JCs, secondary and primary school students)
Criteria for Nomination
The individuals nominated for the awards should have fulfilled some or all of the following criteria:
- Contributed to the environment without personal gain
- Conducted themselves in a manner that results in a sustained positive impact on the environment
- Contributed to the environmental well-being of the community (e.g. set up and lead an ongoing recycling programme for the whole housing estate)
- Initiated or participated in environmental programmes that are carried out on a sustained basis and / or have a clear plan that shows that the programmes will be continued into the future